11/23/09

Jennette McCurdy 'In Love' With Country Star


Jennette McCurdy might be best known by pre-teens as Sam Puckett on Nickelodeon's hit TV show, 'iCarly,' but the teenager hopes to expand her fan base to include adults -- not through her acting but through her music.

Working on her first country album, the 17-year-old says the switch from actress to singer is easy. "I've been a country music fan my whole life," Jennette tells Nashville's Tennessee. "My grandma and my mom raised me on country music."

Spending the last several months in Music City to work on the album, the typical teen admits she has a bit of a distraction. "Right now, I'm in love with Keith Urban," she says of the married singer who is signed to Capitol, the label she's recording for, as well. "It's pretty sad. There's no way I should be thinking this much about him. I have to stop it." Keith isn't her only crush, however. "I love Rascal Flatts," she gushes. "They are the nicest guys."

No doubt Jennette is keeping an eye out for her crushes, now that she's taken up residence in Nashville. "I love Nashville. I felt like it was home the minute I came here."

But fans of 'iCarly' needn't worry that Jennette is leaving acting behind. "I'm passionate about both so I'm going to do both," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment